Friday, April 20, 2007

Doppelgänger

My third visit to the horrors presence was by far the most eventful...
24th March in Manchester lead me to some serious head injuries but a good hour hanging around with Faris outside the venue having a general chat... slightly surreal.
Before the show i spotted Rhys, Josh and Joe having a cigarette and DJing for the crowd in a booth next to the stage. I felt naturally that i should be a part of the fun so suspended myself with my elbows on the opening to the booth and very politely asked Mr Webb for a cigarette, which i received. Yay.
During Gloves, Faris came across a large milk crate from somewhere, which in his infinite wisdom, he believed would be a good idea to throw into the audience, or more precisely, at me. Well i obviously went down for the count and found myself a distance from the stage being propped up by three random people. When i re-gained consciousness i had a chat with Taz, the theremin player from The Kreeps. I finally found my friends and i spotted Josh and Faris stood at the side of the stage so i went over and said hi. Faris apologised for knocking me unconscious, which was nice and after some photographs we let them be.
We got to the train station to discover our train did not exist, so we decided to be hobos and go back to the venue, where we chatted with some random scottish band. Then a Roadie came up to me and said "you're with the horrors, you've got shit loads of gear to put away..." to which i laughed, naturally. (this wasn't the first time i had been mistaken for Faris...) but then i realised if the roadie and gear where near by, surely the band where as well. And just as predicted, the horrors stood just round the corner, so i went over to chat, met them all, then all except Faris left for a club so we hung around chatting with Faris.
What a night
Alex Preston
alex_preston2202@hotmail.co.uk

No comments: